The San Francisco Center For TMJ And Sleep Apnea Uses Standard Precautions and Transmission-Based Precautions
Standard Precautions are the minimum infection prevention practices that apply to all patient care, regardless of the suspected or confirmed infection status of the patient, in any setting where health care is delivered.
Transmission-Based Precautions include Contact Precautions, Droplet Precautions and Airborne Precautions, and are based on the likely routes of transmission of specific infectious agents.
Our office protocols are designed to protect both Dental Healthcare Personnel (DHCP) and you, our patients.
These precautions include:
• Hand hygiene
• Use of personal protective equipment (e.g., gloves, masks, eyewear)
• Respiratory hygiene / cough etiquette
• Sharps Safety (engineering and work practice controls)
• Safe injection practices (i.e., aseptic technique for parenteral medications)
• Sterilization of instruments and devices. All instruments are sterilized or used once and disposed of.
• All surfaces of our dental treatment rooms are cleaned and disinfected after every patient. The materials and methods used have been shown to be effective for viruses.
We remain committed to keeping you informed, as well as protecting your health and safety. If you would like to find out more on your own, we highly recommend the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center at https://coronavirus.jhu.edu
Please feel free to share any questions or concerns you may have with us.
Call San Francisco Center For TMJ And Sleep Apnea at (415) 872-5116.